網頁

Sunday, April 11, 2010

17)On Self-Knowledge自知

The Prophet(先知)
Kahlil Gibran(哈利勒‧紀伯倫)

17)On Self-Knowledge自知

And a man said, "Speak to us of Self-Knowledge."
接著有一個人說︰跟我們說一說自知吧。
And he answered, saying:
他回答說︰
Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights.
你的心在靜默中知道白天與黑夜的祕密。
But your ears thirst for the sound of your heart's knowledge.
但你的耳朵渴望聽到關於你心裡的資訊。
You would know in words that which you have always known in thought.
你們在思緒裡知道的東西,一旦化成言語,你們一樣會知道。
You would touch with your fingers the naked body of your dreams.
你用你的手指去觸摸到你夢之裸體。
And it is well you should.
這都是你應該做的。
The hidden well-spring of your soul must needs rise and run murmuring to the sea;
你心靈之中隱祕井泉應當湧現,潺潺地流向大海;
And the treasure of your infinite depths would be revealed to your eyes.
你無窮深處的寶藏應當顯露在你眼前。
But let there be no scales to weigh your unknown treasure;
但別讓秤去衡量你未知的寶藏;
And seek not the depths of your knowledge with staff or sounding line.
也別用標尺或探測線去了解你知識的深度。
For self is a sea boundless and measureless.
因為自我本身是一個無垠且無法丈量的大海。
Say not, "I have found the truth,"
別說︰「我已找到了真理。」
but rather, "I have found a truth."
不如就說︰「我已發現一個真理。」
Say not, "I have found the path of the soul."
別說︰「我已找到了靈魂的路徑。」
Say rather, "I have met the soul walking upon my path."
不如就說︰「我遇見行走在我道路上的靈魂。」
For the soul walks upon all paths.
因為靈魂在我們所有的路徑上行走。
The soul walks not upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed.
靈魂不只在單一路上行走,卻也不像蘆葦一樣生長。
The soul unfolds itself, like a lotus of countless petals.
靈魂的綻放,像一朵有無數花瓣的蓮花。

No comments:

Post a Comment