The Prophet(先知)
Kahlil Gibran(哈利勒‧紀伯倫)
26)On Death(死亡)
Then Almitra spoke, saying, "We would ask now of Death."
接著艾蜜特卡說︰我們現在想談談死亡的事。
And he said: You would know the secret of death.
他回答說︰你們想知道死亡的祕密。
But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life?
但是你如何找到它?除非在你生命之中找尋。
The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light.
貓頭鷹的可以洞悉夜間領域的眼睛,在白晝卻是瞎的,它不能發現光的神祕。
If you would indeed behold the spirit of death,
如果你們真想看到死神的心靈,
open your heart wide unto the body of life.
且向生命開展你的心吧。
For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.
因為生與死是一體,有如江和海是一樣。
In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond;
在你們希望和欲求的深處,就深藏著你們對冥界的覺悟。
And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring.
有如覆蓋在雪地下的種子一樣,你的心也夢想著春天。
Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.
相信那些夢吧,因為夢裡隱藏著通往永恆之門。
Your fear of death is but the trembling of the shepherd when he stands before the king
你對死亡的恐懼,只不過是像牧人站在國王面前顫慓,
whose hand is to be laid upon him in honour.
等待國王的手放在他身上賜他榮耀。
Is the shepherd not joyful beneath his trembling, that he shall wear the mark of the king?
難道說牧人於顫抖中不也欣喜著自己將接受國王的授印嗎?
Yet is he not more mindful of his trembling?
而他不是更在意自己的顫抖?
For what is it to die? but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?
什麼是死亡?不就是赤裸的站在風中而融化到太陽裡去嗎?
And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides,
什麼是停止呼吸?不就是把呼吸解脫於永不止息的浪潮之中,
that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?
以使它能夠上升、擴展,而無牽掛的追尋神嗎?
Only when you drink form the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
只有當你自沉靜的河水飲水時,你才會真正的唱歌。
And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.
當你到了山巔之後,你才開始攀登。
And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.
當大地接納你們的肢體時,你才會真正的舞蹈。
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment