The Prophet(先知)
Kahlil Gibran(哈利勒‧紀伯倫)
19)On Friendship友誼
And a youth said, Speak to us of Friendship.
然後一個青年說,跟我們講一講友誼吧。
And he answered, saying:
他回答說︰
Your friend is your needs answered.
你的朋友是你已獲得的需求。
He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving.
他們是你的田園,你懷著愛在那裡播種,懷著感恩之心收成。
And he is your board and your fireside.
他是你的餐桌與爐邊。
For you come to him with your hunger, and you seek him for peace.
因為你飢餓時找尋他,尋求和平時去他那裡。
When your friend speaks his mind you fear not the "nay" in your own mind,
當你的朋友向你吐露心聲時,你心裡不要怕說「不」,
nor do you withhold the "ay."
也不要抑制你的「是」。
And when he is silent your heart ceases not to listen to his heart;
當他沈默無語時,你的心要繼續傾聽他的心曲;
For without words, in friendship,
因為在無言的友誼之中,
all thoughts, all desires, all expectations are born and shared, with joy that is unacclaimed.
所有關懷,所有慾望,所有期待都快樂地產生和分享。
When you part from your friend, you grieve not;
當你與你的朋友分手時,不要悲傷。
For that which you love most in him may be clearer in his absence,
因為那些你最愛慕的內在本質,在他不在之時更顯得清晰,
as the mountain to the climber is clearer from the plain.
正如爬山的人在平原上看山更清楚一樣。
And let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit.
別讓友誼有任何目的,除了讓心靈更深邃。
For love that seeks aught but the disclosure of its own mystery is not love
因為愛除了顯露它自身的神祕之外,再奢求什麼,便不是愛了,
but a net cast forth: and only the unprofitable is caught.
只不過像是撒出去的網,只有沒有用的東西才會被撈到。
And let your best be for your friend.
將屬於你們最美好的東西給你的朋友吧。
If he must know the ebb of your tide, let him know its flood also.
如果他必須知道你的低潮,也讓他知道你的心情高潮吧。
For what is your friend that you should seek him with hours to kill?
因為如果你找朋友只為了排遣寂寞,又有什麼意義?
Seek him always with hours to live.
尋找朋友而總是與他共享生命吧。
For it is his to fill your need, but not your emptiness.
因為他是滿足你的需求,而不是來填補你的空虛。
And in the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures.
在友誼的甜美之中一起歡笑和分享快樂吧。
For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.
因為在瑣事的小露珠中,心靈找到它的清晨而變得精神暢快。
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment