The Prophet(先知)
Kahlil Gibran(哈利勒‧紀伯倫)
20)On Talking說話
And then a scholar said, Speak of Talking.
接著一個學者說︰談談說話吧。
And he answered, saying:
他回答說︰
You talk when you cease to be at peace with your thoughts;
當你不能與你的思想和平相處的時候,你便說話;
And when you can no longer dwell in the solitude of your heart you live in your lips,
當你不能安於內心的寂靜之處時,你便靠你的唇舌生活,
and sound is a diversion and a pastime.
聲音是一種轉移(注意力)與消遣。
And in much of your talking, thinking is half murdered.
在你們喋喋不休的談論之中,大半的思想已被扼殺,
For thought is a bird of space,
因為思想是一隻天空的鳥兒,
that in a cage of words may indeed unfold its wings but cannot fly.
在語言的牢籠裡,或許能展開雙翼,卻不能飛翔。
There are those among you who seek the talkative through fear of being alone.
你們之中有的人因為害怕寂寞而尋找喜歡說話的人。
The silence of aloneness reveals to their eyes their naked selves and they would escape.
當孤獨的靜默讓他們赤裸地呈現自我於他們的眼前,他們便想逃避。
And there are those who talk,
有些人在言談之間,
and without knowledge or forethought reveal a truth which they themselves do not understand.
不自覺地顯露了他們也無法理解的真理。
And there are those who have the truth within them, but they tell it not in words.
又有些人他們心中有真理,卻不用言語來表達。
In the bosom of such as these the spirit dwells in rhythmic silence.
在這種人的心裡,靈魂住在有旋律的寂靜之中。
When you meet your friend on the roadside or in the market-place,
當你在路邊或市場遇見你的朋友,
let the spirit in you move your lips and direct your tongue.
讓你的心念掀動你的唇,引導你的舌吧。
Let the voice within your voice speak to the ear of his ear;
讓你心中的聲音,對他心中的耳朵說話;
For his soul will keep the truth of your heart as the taste of the wine is remembered
因為他的心靈將保存著你心中的真誠,有如醇酒的滋味會被記住一樣,
When the colour is forgotten and the vessel is no more.
當顏色已被遺忘而也不再有酒杯時.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment