The Prophet(先知)
Kahlil Gibran(哈利勒‧紀伯倫)
3)On Marriage(婚姻)
Then Almitra spoke again and said,
接著,艾蜜特卡又說︰
And what of Marriage, master?
大師,那麼關於婚姻呢?
And he answered, saying:
他答道︰
You were born together,
你們生而同在,
and together you shall be forevermore.
便將永遠同在。
You shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
當死神的羽翼打散你們的日子時,你們仍將同在。
Aye, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.
是的,甚至在上帝沉靜的記憶中,你們仍將同在。
But let there be spaces in your togetherness.
但是,在你們密切的結合之中,也保留些許空間吧,
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
也好讓天堂的風在你們之間舞動。
Love one another,
你們要彼此相愛,
but make not a bond of love:
卻不要使愛成為束縛。
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
要讓愛像流動的海水,在你們靈魂的兩岸間奔流。
Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.
注滿彼此的酒杯,切莫共飲一杯。
Give one another of your bread
將麵包互相給予對方,
but eat not from the same loaf.
卻不分食同一條麵包。
Sing and dance together and be joyous,
一起歌唱、跳舞,一起歡欣,
but let each one of you be alone,
卻讓對方各有自我,
Even as the strings of a lute are alone
正如琴瑟的弦線,彼此互不侵擾,
though they quiver with the same music.
但又可以奏出同一樂曲。
Give your hearts,
獻出你們的心,
but not into each other's keeping.
但不要將你的心交給對方保管。
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.
因為只有生命的手能包容你們的心。
And stand together
你們要站在一起,
yet not too near together:
卻不要彼此太靠近︰
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
因為聖殿的廊柱,是分開矗立的,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.
橡樹和絲杉樹也不能在彼此的蔭影下成長。
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment